Welcome to my walking diary...

If your reading this you may have found my blog from my webpages or from a walking forum. First of all I have to thank Stuart of walkingplaces.co.uk for maintaining my webpages - without him there wouldn't have been a ramblingpete.

I decided to start keeping a diary, to give me something to look back upon in the years to come and hopefully this will jog my walking memories into life when I'm in my decrepitude....which is fast approaching. This diary is now superceeded by the following...

MY BLOG IS NOW LINKED TO:

http://www.ramblingpete.walkingplaces.co.uk/blog/


02 September 2009

My best walk to date


Well it finally came along....I had to cancel a walk in the lake district because it was absolutely persisting it down. I was heading up to Jacks Rake in the Langdale Pikes to meet up with a couple of mates, and judging by the response I got from Paul when I asked how the weather was, I made the right decision - "as bad as it gets" read his text. As I had better things to do later in the month I didn't feel too sorry, and as it happens I nipped down to the Llyn Peninsula for a walk up the Rivals at the weekend before the nuptuals. We had a great little walk in sunshine and an amazing little hillfort called Tre'r Ceiri - well worth a visit.

The next saturday I dubbined up my boots and scrubbed up for the best walk of my life. I was priveleged to walk my precious daughter from the house and up the aisle to the altar. The day was fantastic and obviously very emotional for us all, but even the fickle British weather behaved for the day.

The next few days I felt strangely flat after all the build up of the weeks before, and to add to that work had the temerity to call me back to Denmark. But work is work, and now the wedding is done and dusted I can start to plan a little more for my coast to coast next year - Bamburgh to St. Bees. But before that I am going for a week to Mallorca for a little wandering up in the Tramuntana mountains. My mate Murray has given me several walks to consider - he even went in the office and scanned them for me on a Sunday - what a star. That's several pints I owe.

Next up for me weather permitting is the fearsome Aonoch Eagach in Glencoe......gulp....watch this space...



No comments: