Welcome to my walking diary...

If your reading this you may have found my blog from my webpages or from a walking forum. First of all I have to thank Stuart of walkingplaces.co.uk for maintaining my webpages - without him there wouldn't have been a ramblingpete.

I decided to start keeping a diary, to give me something to look back upon in the years to come and hopefully this will jog my walking memories into life when I'm in my decrepitude....which is fast approaching. This diary is now superceeded by the following...

MY BLOG IS NOW LINKED TO:

http://www.ramblingpete.walkingplaces.co.uk/blog/


11 June 2009

Another one bites the dust


Another month passes by, another month with a job, another long walk completed and another month with some decent weather.

I've continued the diet and am now weighing in regularly at 20lbs less than the start of the year, and the nice thing is that the weight seems to be stabilising - good old Slimming World diet. It's relatively easy to follow, apart from the bit about not eating chocolate and drinking wine - but Red Wine and dark chocolate is a healthy combination in my eyes.

We've had some great weather over the month and I had a wonderful walk up in the lakes at the head of Haweswater, and of course completed the Dales Way in six days - 5 1/2 of them dry, and it really didn't throw it down until we sat on the finish line. How I laughed when we caught the train home and all that could be smelt in the carriage was sheep s$£t when the conductor turned the heater on.

Only a couple of months to go before the wedding, so less walking and more painting for a while.

No comments: