Welcome to my walking diary...

If your reading this you may have found my blog from my webpages or from a walking forum. First of all I have to thank Stuart of walkingplaces.co.uk for maintaining my webpages - without him there wouldn't have been a ramblingpete.

I decided to start keeping a diary, to give me something to look back upon in the years to come and hopefully this will jog my walking memories into life when I'm in my decrepitude....which is fast approaching. This diary is now superceeded by the following...

MY BLOG IS NOW LINKED TO:

http://www.ramblingpete.walkingplaces.co.uk/blog/


29 November 2009

Scotland and England



Another month slides by and it's nearly December.....Ho Ho bloody Ho. I don't feel very festive minded this year as I shall probably be working both Christmas and New Year. But on the positive side my liver is celebrating a holiday. It's been a great year so far, but the weight I lost in the first few months has been creeping back up due to terminal boredom of work in Denmark. Not the place just the nature of the work - tedious in the extreme. But at least I've caught up with my walks.

My friend Stuart over on walkingplaces.co.uk will be re-jigging my webpages soon, and when this is complete my blog ramblings will be transferred over there. But fear not dear reader (are there any I often wonder) I will be leaving a link in a large font, and I'll probably keep this one going as well perhaps?

The month of November saw me back in Bonny Scotland at the start of the month to walk around and absorb the ancient monuments of Kilmartin Glen and surrounds. What a wonderful and peaceful location, and fantastic archaeology on show. Burial cairns, chambers, standing stones, cup and ring marks, a few castles, carved medieval grave slabs to name but a few - all within the same walk.
Back in England I nipped up to the Lake District for a walk around the head of Martindale - 50% up in the mist, but finished in soft sunlight. An excellent wainwright bagging walk of 10 - not that I'm counting though.
A final walk in the Peak District took me to the Dragon's Back near Longnor. Memories of childhood came flooding back as I approached Parkhouse Hill - being dragged terrified up the steep grass slopes. But this time I made it to the top!!




No comments: